QuickBooks is bookkeeping & accounting software which can be extremely helpful for your business. This is an accounting planning tool conveniently which helps a business owner to run their business effortlessly. Today, in this post, we will discuss the process of correct cache amount for Enterprise Solutions. Once, we have installed QuickBooks Enterprise then we can notice default quantities if memory cache which is used by the database manager. Sometimes, these settings become modified which leads to slow running of the desktop.
Trouble mainly happens when the server is rebooted or when the window is updated. QuickBooks Enterprise 2019 has been launched with improved and new features.
You may also read: How to Activate the QuickBooks Desktop?
You always have two options for updates-
- Automatic updates
- Manual Updates
Reasons to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
- When we update a window to a newer version.
- While we reboot the server.
- When QuickBooks desktop is updated to a newer version.
Now, we are going to look forward to troubleshooting correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise but we highly recommend you to update your QuickBooks Enterprise as we have discussed.
Steps to Correct the cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
There are two methods widely used to troubleshoot the problem of correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise.
Solution 1: Use the QBW.ini file to set the amount of memory cache to use
- When the overall software is located on web hosting computer then we follow this software.
- Reach the computer server hosting the company documents.
- Open the QBW.ini file inside Intuit.
- Open QBW.ini file and then add a DBSERVEROPTIONS section with the help of chosen values-
InitialCache= 256 (‘None’)
MaxCache= 512 (‘Unlimited’)
- Save the file.
- Enter to “take effect” for the .ini file setting.
- Shut down your hosting from the file menu and then turn back on.
If you have “Server only install” then follow these steps-
- From The CMD, type: net stop QuickBooksDBXX
- From the CMD, type: net stop QBCFMonitorService & then start QBCFMonitorService
Solution 2: Manually change cache settings for Server-Only Install
We highly recommend that you should get in immediate contact with IT experts as editing Windows Registry is no easy task.
- Open command prompt arranged to host multi-user access for the QuickBooks Desktop record. Copy and paste this in the text field: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters.
- After -ch and -c check the numbers. Enterprise solutions work fine with configuration -ch 512M and -c 256M. If in case your present configurations are not modifying then change it as described.
- If error may occur then verify that you have entered correctly.
Step 1: Edit the configuration in the registry:
- Save all your works, files and log out in QuickBooks Desktop users.
- Open the command prompt and then type net ‘stop QuickBooks DBXX‘ and hit enter, as you have to stop QuickBooks Desktop Database service.
- Now it’s time to Edit the Windows registry, change location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDBxx\Parameters. The current value should look like -n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 – gu all -ch 256M -c 128M…
Step 2: Intuit suggests to following changes:
- Change -ch 512M to -ch 128M. For unlimited, delete -ch 256M and -ch 512M. The value should look “-n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all“.
Note: This setting is not purely unlimited but the fact is that the “Database managed” and can use more memory when needed.
- Change -c 128M to -c 256M.
- Change -ch 256M to -ch 512M.
- If you find out that the settings are at the recommended level then don’t change them. These files do not cover the reason for your performance troubles.
- Save your changes.
- Enter “net start QuickBooksDBXX” on the command prompt (xx should be considered as your software version year).
- Open QuickBooks and then open your company file.
Before selecting an option, please make sure that QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is updated to the latest version.
See Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 64?
We hope that this post has helped you a lot to fix correct the cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise. Our QuickBooks enterprise support team is authentic and effective for our customers. If in case you need any type of help then feel free to call us on our toll-free number at +1-844-405-0907.