No doubt, QuickBooks is a widely used and highly efficient accounting software which is being used by small to medium sized companies for their accounting requirements. The software is quite efficient when it comes to tackle various sorts of accounting activities. In this article, we have given various steps through which you can fix Invoice formatting issues that you are facing with your QuickBooks version.
The software has various innovative features that make it very relevant. The authentic results given are the reason that everyone has been using QuickBooks to fulfill their accounting needs. Moreover, QuickBooks is one such software that requires least human interference and also resists errors. But sometimes, there is a malfunction in the code which results in the unavoidable error. Invoice based error is faced by the user when the information of the invoice is not correct and user does not send required documents with the invoice.
Steps to Fix the Invoice Formatting Issues with QuickBooks
To fix this invoice formatting issue with QuickBooks, you can follow the below methods. However you can take help from our QuickBooks error support team in order to resolve the problem swiftly.
- From the File menu, select the Printer setup.
- Now, choose the right form, from the drop-down of Form.
- Click on Blank Paper in ‘Print On’ area
- Untick the field ‘Do not print lines around each field’ and then click on OK button.
- Now, in this solution, find the suitable Layout designer from the Basic customization window
- When you find that there is a field with the corrupted text, then right click on it and from the options, Click ok Properties.
- Now, adjust the size as required. Click on Font if required and then, change the font also. You can choose Century or Times New Roman font.
- If the text in a pdf has strange appearance, then repeat the process for all the fields where it can be applicable and then, click OK button.
- Now, mail the pdf to yourself or save it as pdf, then check its appearance.
- Open the company file which has the template that you want to export.
- From the Lists menu, click on Templates option.
- Right-click on template that is required to be exported and then click on ‘Edit Templatee’ option.
- In the Logo and Fonts section, untick ‘Use Logo’ , and select OK.
- Create a backup of your company file and Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Double-click the hard drive icon on the desktop.
- Open Users > [UserName] > Library > Preferences.
- Drag com.intuit.quickbooks.plist and com.intuit.layoutdesigner.plist files to Trash.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop and restore the backup of company file.
- Create a new invoice which is customized and then, save it with another name.
- Using this new template, print customized invoices.
- Open invoice and click on formatting.
- Click on Customize Data Layout.
- Choose the layout Designer and click on Add. Now, choose the Text Box.
- Now, add all the information that you want to be displayed on the form.
- You can resize the fields to show the information entered, and click OK to apply the changes.
- Now, click on print Preview to see how the text box would appear on the form.
- Now, after closing print Preview, print the form.
- Click on the Templates from the List menu
- Double-click on problematic template and then, click on Layout Designer
- Now, remove the image and select OK. Again click OK button.
- Open the damaged image using a photo editing software.
- Save the image as a different image type.
- Open the template in QuickBooks and re-add the image using Layout Designer. Resize and customize the image if required.
- Now, you can try to email, print or save it.
The above steps prove highly useful in fixing this issue. You can easily fix invoice formatting issues with QuickBooks through these methods. In case, the steps do not help you resolve this issue, you can contact our representatives at our toll-free QuickBooks online support number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907. Our QuickBooks experts are available round the clock to help you.
You might also like: