Are you interested in knowing what causes QuickBooks error code 7149 and what solution steps can be performed to deal with it? If yes, then this post can be of great assistance to you. This article is going to talk about the complete set of steps that can be used to tackle through such an error. The QuickBooks error code 7149 is basically a runtime issue that is seen in case of any damage in program files or with the registry files. As a consequence of such an error, the system might crash down, especially when the user tries to open QuickBooks.
This error code comes up with an error message stating “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” This particular error can be seen due to a couple of reasons which we will be discussing further in this article.
The user is suggested to read the article till the end. Or the user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team for any further tech assistance. The user can contact us at 1-844-405-0907, and our team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals will ensure to provide immediate assistance.
What causes QuickBooks error code 7149?
The user can end up in such an error due to a couple of reasons. These factors include:
- One of the basic causes can be if windows files being corrupted by a virus, trojan, or malware
- Another reason can be if QB files got deleted mistakenly
- Downloaded files being corrupted can also trigger such an error
- Or if QuickBooks installation is not fully complete
- Corrupted windows registry due to changes such as QB installation or uninstallation can lead to such an error
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 7149
The user can identify such an error using the below signs:
- QuickBooks or the system freezes again and again
- Or if windows run sluggishly or the keyboard and mouse inputs are not visible on the screen
- Error code itself appears on the screen
- Active application or program window gets crashed
- Few of the antivirus software causes hanging of the system or can affect working of QuickBooks. In that case the antivirus or firewall needs to be disabled.
Method to fix QuickBooks error 7149
The below stated methods can be of great assistance in dealing with the QuickBooks error code 7149. Thus, make sure to perform the steps one by one and try to deal with this issue:
Process 1:Work on the registry keys for QuickBooks and fix them
Often registry keys being corrupted can trigger such an error. Thus, working on them and configuring them can resolve the issue up to certain extent. However, performing the steps alone isn’t suggested unless you are a professional. You should take professional assistance to perform this process.
- The very first step is to click on the start tab and also select the run window.
- The same is also accessible by clicking on the windows + R
- Now, when the run box appears on the screen, the user needs to type regedit into the search bar and click on the enter tab.
- This will open up the registry editor
- Check out the installed programs and remove their corresponding keys.
- Click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Follow it up by hitting on Software.
- Find and delete the keys related to the names of the already uninstalled apps.
- The duplicate keys for the programs that have been uninstalled need to be essentially deleted.
- The user neds to click on the Ctrl and F keys together to reveal the Find box.
- Type the application’s name within the Find box
- Click on the Enter key.
- A key will be highlighted if it matches the text being searched.
- Delete this key.
- One can use F3 to switch between alternatives and subsequently delete them
- Remove any unwanted startup components. This can be done by continuing with the steps below.
- Within the Registry Editor, you need to navigate to This P.C. (or My Computer) > HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version.
- Click on Run, a list of the executable files used during the startup will show up.
- Remove the apps as per your preference and requirement, depending on their precedence, in the startup menu.
- After performing the operation mentioned above, you now need to perform the same procedure with the paths provided as follows:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
- Reboot the system
Scanning the system using the antivirus program or windows security essentials is suggested, as sometimes the issue can be seen due to any sort of malware. If there is any threat or malware displayed, then remove it completely or try to restart the system. After performing the steps, the user should try opening QuickBooks.
Process 3: Fix or reinstalling QuickBooks
- At first, the user should open control panel and then click on add or remove programs. And look for the same in the start menu
- The next step is to navigate to QuickBooks and then right click the same
- After that click on repair and then follow on-screen instructions
- At the end, the user should restart computer and also try opening QuickBooks.
You may also like: How to transfer QuickBooks from Old Computer to a New Computer?
Process 4: Disable the antivirus services for sometime
- In this process, the user should look for the icon of the antivirus software in the taskbar
- Once done with that, the user should right click the icon
- And then, from the options that come up on the screen, look for the disable option and hit ok
- The next step is to try opening QuickBooks
- Open the system in the safe mode and then open the system and update it
- This will probably fix the issue
Process 5: Close programs
- The user needs to first open the task manager by clicking on ctrl + alt + del
- The next step is to see the list of programs running
- Move to the processes tab and stop the programs one by one and also click on end process tab
- The user should then look for the message
- Perform the steps to reinstall the application and you are done
Process 6: Go for Disc Cleanup
It should be noted that a low free space on your PC can lead to QuickBooks error code 7149. Thus, clearing up space on your hard disk is suggested. The user can make use of Disk Cleanup to clean up the primary directory. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to access Windows Explorer by hitting Win + E keys buttons.
- And then right-click on the C drive and head to Properties.
- Also, click on disk cleanup tab to commence the clean-up process
See this also: How to Update Your QuickBooks Like a Pro?
This article is a detailed piece of writing to deal with QuickBooks error code 7149. Performing the steps above might help the user to fix the QuickBooks error code successfully. However, if for some reason the user isn’t able to deal with the issue or if the user is stuck at any point of time, then contacting our QuickBooks support team. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance round the clock to all QuickBooks users. For any kind of technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise reach us at [email protected] or dial our toll-free number 1-844-405-0907.
Frequently Asked Questions
The user can try eliminating the QuickBooks error by performing the steps below:
1. Initially head to the tool hub and choose installation issues
2. After that, choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
3. When the tool finishes, reboot the system and start QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file
The user can try to fix the error code 7149 using the methods below:
Measure 1: Repair/Reinstall QuickBooks.
Measure 2: Resolve the Corrupt Windows Registry Key.
Measure 3: Remove Malware.
Measure 4: Disable antivirus software.
This can be done by double clicking on the ‘logoff’ icon on the hosted desktop. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start Menu and select Shut down or sign out > Sign out. If done correctly, this will clear your session and restart QuickBooks.
Read More Helpful Article Here: