Are you interested in knowing what causes QuickBooks error code 7149 and what solution steps can be performed to deal with it? If yes, then this post can be of great assistance to you. This article is going to talk about the complete set of steps that can be used to tackle through such an error. The QuickBooks error code 7149 is basically a runtime issue that is seen in case of any damage in program files or with the registry files. As a consequence of such an error, the system might crash down, especially when the user tries to open QuickBooks.
This error code comes up with an error message stating “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” This particular error can be seen due to a couple of reasons which we will be discussing further in this article.
The user is suggested to read the article till the end. Or the user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team for any further tech assistance. The user can contact us at 1-844-405-0907, and our team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals will ensure to provide immediate assistance.
See Also: How to Fix Login Problems of QuickBooks Online on Chrome?
What causes QuickBooks error code 7149?
The user can end up in such an error due to a couple of reasons. These factors include:
- One of the basic causes can be if windows files being corrupted by a virus, trojan, or malware
- Another reason can be if QB files got deleted mistakenly
- Downloaded files being corrupted can also trigger such an error
- Or if QuickBooks installation is not fully complete
- Corrupted windows registry due to changes such as QB installation or uninstallation can lead to such an error
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 7149
The user can identify such an error using the below signs:
- QuickBooks or the system freezes again and again
- Or if windows run sluggishly or the keyboard and mouse inputs are not visible on the screen
- Error code itself appears on the screen
- Active application or program window gets crashed
- Few of the antivirus software causes hanging of the system or can affect working of QuickBooks. In that case the antivirus or firewall needs to be disabled.
Read Also: Which Versions of Windows 10 are Supported with QuickBooks Desktop?
Method to fix QuickBooks error 7149
The below stated methods can be of great assistance in dealing with the QuickBooks error code 7149. Thus, make sure to perform the steps one by one and try to deal with this issue:
Process 1:Work on the registry keys for QuickBooks and fix them
Often registry keys being corrupted can trigger such an error. Thus, working on them and configuring them can resolve the issue up to certain extent. However, performing the steps alone isn’t suggested unless you are a professional. You should take professional assistance to perform this process.
Process 2: Fix malware and trojan issues
Scanning the system using the antivirus program or windows security essentials is suggested, as sometimes the issue can be seen due to any sort of malware. If there is any threat or malware displayed, then remove it completely or try to restart the system. After performing the steps, the user should try opening QuickBooks.
Process 3: Fix or reinstalling QuickBooks
- At first, the user should open control panel and then click on add or remove programs. And look for the same in the start menu
- The next step is to navigate to QuickBooks and then right click the same
- After that click on repair and then follow on-screen instructions
- At the end, the user should restart computer and also try opening QuickBooks.
You may also like: How to transfer QuickBooks from Old Computer to a New Computer?
Process 4: Disable the antivirus services for sometime
- In this process, the user should look for the icon of the antivirus software in the taskbar
- Once done with that, the user should right click the icon
- And then, from the options that come up on the screen, look for the disable option and hit ok
- The next step is to try opening QuickBooks
- Open the system in the safe mode and then open the system and update it
- This will probably fix the issue
Process 5: Close programs
- The user needs to first open the task manager by clicking on ctrl + alt + del
- The next step is to see the list of programs running
- Move to the processes tab and stop the programs one by one and also click on end process tab
- The user should then look for the message
- Perform the steps to reinstall the application and you are done
Process 6: Go for Disc Cleanup
It should be noted that a low free space on your PC can lead to QuickBooks error code 7149. Thus, clearing up space on your hard disk is suggested. The user can make use of Disk Cleanup to clean up the primary directory. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to access Windows Explorer by hitting Win + E keys buttons.
- And then right-click on the C drive and head to Properties.
- Also, click on disk cleanup tab to commence the clean-up process
See this also: How to Update Your QuickBooks Like a Pro?
This article is a detailed piece of writing to deal with QuickBooks error code 7149. Performing the steps above might help the user to fix the QuickBooks error code successfully. However, if for some reason the user isn’t able to deal with the issue or if the user is stuck at any point of time, then contacting our QuickBooks support team. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance round the clock to all QuickBooks users. For any kind of technical Support for QuickBooks Enterprise reach us at [email protected] or dial our toll-free number 1-844-405-0907.
Read More Helpful Article Here:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?