Best Solution to the QuickBooks Error code 1327:
Experiencing errors in QuickBooks is pretty much common, the reason being the codes and algorithms involved. However, what makes the software better than the other options is the fact all the errors can be resolved by performing some set of steps. One such error that we are going to deal in today’s segment is the QuickBooks error code 1327. You can experience such an error when installing the program that refers invalid drive number. In case the USB device is disconnected from the computer system, then such an error is most probable to occur. This is basically an installation error i.e. an error that pops up while installing QuickBooks on your computer that appears on the screen with a warning message that states: “The drive [drive letter] is invalid. OR Invalid drive [drive letter]”. The message indicates that the QuickBooks is not able to find the destination drive, hence, blocking the installation process.
The drive [drive letter] is invalid. OR Invalid drive [drive letter]
If you are also facing QB error 1327, then read this article carefully. Whereas, if you are a newbie and aren’t aware of the technicalities of QuickBooks, then feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-405-0907 and they will ensure to help you get rid of such an error as soon as possible and that too permanently.
Related article: Resolve the Balance Sheet Out Of Balance In Accrual Basis
What instigates QuickBooks Error Code 1327 when installing QuickBooks?
One can land into such an error due to the following reasons:
- Corrupted or moved storage devices- In case the user is trying to install QuickBooks into an external memory device, and suddenly loses connection, then he/she can see such an error.
- Corrupt Microsoft .NET Framework- Microsoft .Net framework is component needed by QuickBooks to run smoothly and if this component gets corrupted for some reason, then the occurrence of such an error is quite possible.
- Incorrect Registry Settings– If the entry for QuickBooks installation in your computer has the wrong drive name or location, QuickBooks Error 1327 occurs.
- System-Specific Error– Other than the above causes, there might be some system-specific errors that can be solved only by a professional.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 1327?
You can identify the error using the below signs and symptoms:
- Windows operating system is not responding.
- Or the QuickBooks program got crashed or froze.
- QuickBooks desktop is frozen and not responding.
- The Windows operating system got crashed.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1327
The user can try performing the below stated steps to fix the QuickBooks update error 1327 successfully:
Method 1: Fix registry settings
- At first, the user is supposed to backup the system registry.
- Later on, press Windows + R tabs
- Enter in regedit and also click on run tab.
- Moving ahead, head to the specific key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Once done with that spot the entries that list the drive letter mentioned in the message.
- Moreover, configure the incorrect drive names to C:\
- Conclude the process by saving the settings and restarting the system and try reinstalling. When the installation process comes to an end, revert the changes that were made to the registry earlier.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error Message: Connection Has Been Lost
Method 2: Remove the network drive to solve QuickBooks Error 1327
- Initially, choose the Start tab itself and opt for programs later on.
- Moreover, click on the Windows explorer tab.
- Go for the Network drive on which the shell folder is available and click OK tab.
- Choose the map network drive in the tool menu.
- Also, make sure that shell folder uncheck reconnect at logon and write the path.
- Hit OK tab.
- Complete the process by rebooting windows and installing the applications.
Method 3: Make sure that storage devices have proper connection
Sometimes, connection problem can also lead to such an error. In that situation, it is recommended to ascertain that the cables and other related things are properly connected with the computer.
Verify if the USB’s or Flash devices that are being used to install QuickBooks desktop are functioning properly and are also connected properly.
Method 4: Create a new window user and install windows
On Windows 10
- Begin with hitting the start tab
- Furthermore, click on the settings tab.
- Hit accounts tab and choose family and other people.
- Choose add someone else to this PC tab.
- Now, enter a new password, name, password hint and
- tap on next tab.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
On Windows 7 or 8
- Initially, click on the Start tab and then tap on the Control Panel.
- Go for the user accounts and opt for manage another account.
- And also, make a new account.
- Assign a name and choose admin tab.
- Go for create account option and reboot the system.
- Also, Log in the PC with admin credentials and try to install again.
Method 5: Configure Microsoft .Net framework
- Herein, you are supposed to look for programs in the control panel.
- And choose turn windows features on/off.
- Furthermore, confirm with the admin password.
- Also, uncheck the box next to Microsoft .net framework and restart the system.
- Conclude the process by opening programs and performing the same steps and also checking the box next to the Microsoft .net framework.
Method 6: Install when not connected to the network
- The user needs to first press the particular windows + r on the given keyboard.
- After that, open the particular run window.
- Press the control panel.
- Hit ok.
- In the drop-down arrow, press view by and select small icons.
- The next step is to open the particular network and sharing center.
- Choose change adapter settings.
- Press right-click on every adapter that is listed.
- Also, press on disable where is available.
- A message stating: the connection is lost. Make sure you do not reconnect with your network will appear on the screen.
- Leave the window open.
- Install QuickBooks once more.
- Go back to the network connections window.
- Now activate your network connections.
Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Press the Windows start button, and then select the particular control panel.
- In the drop-down of view by, go for small icons.
- Now, open the network and sharing centre option.
- Press change adapter settings.
- After that, press right-click on every adapter that is listed.
- Press disable wherever there is any opportunity.
- The connection has been lost message appears.
- Make sure you do not reconnect the network after getting this message.
- Leave the window open.
- Try installing QuickBooks desktop again.
- Head to the network connections screen.
- After the installation is complete, you must enable the network connections.
Method 7: Assign the drive letter again
- The user needs to press start.
- Then press on settings.
- Choose the control panel.
- And then, press the administrator tool two times.
- After that press on computer management.
- Right-click on the cd rom drive or the hard drive you wish to edit the letter of.
- Choose the change drive letter.
- Click on edit and then select the drive letter that is original.
- Hit ok.
Eliminating the QuickBooks error code 1327 invalid drive becomes a lot easier once you perform the set of steps we have scribbled in above. However, there can be situations when the user might not be able to rectify the issue even after performing the set of steps listed above, in that scenario, all you need to do is to get in touch with our team professionals using our support number i.e., +1-844-405-0907 and our technically sound experts will ensure to answer all your queries immediately. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide instant support and assistance. Feel free to discuss your queries with our experts and let them handle the issue for you.
You might be also like:
Install, Update and Set Up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 80029c4a
At times, using an older version of QuickBooks can cause certain errors. Thus, eventually, you need to update the software to meet your business goals and approaches. It is suggested to update to the latest version of QuickBooks to avoid any sort of technical issues.
There can be various errors in QuickBooks and every error can be resolved using a different set of steps. Here are a common set of steps that can be performed to fix the issue.
1. Move to the desktop.
2. Press right-click and now choose paste.
3. After that hold the control key.
4. Open QuickBooks.
5. No company open window appears.
6. Choose open.
7. Find the company file that you wish to repair.
8. After that, use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the problem