Eager to know what can help you in fixing “QuickBooks search is not working” glitch. Well, we can help you in that case. This error can be experienced. To get a better understanding of the causes and fixes to this particular technical glitch, all you need to do is to go through this article carefully. However, if you need our assistance at any point of time, then getting in touch with our QuickBooks personnel at 1.844.405.0907 is recommended.
What might cause such an error?
The user can end up in such an error due to a couple of factors, which we have tried to list below. Let us have a look:
- One of the common reasons can be if your system isn’t updated to the latest release
- Registry errors in QuickBooks are also responsible for the occurrence of such an error.
- Often the firewall and third-party software can also lead to such an error
- Moreover, if the QuickBooks search index file is damaged, then occurrence of such an error is probable
Effective solutions to fix QuickBooks search is not working Issue
The user can perform the below solution steps to successfully fix the issue.
Procedure 1: Uninstalling and reinstall QuickBooks
One might experience issues in QuickBooks due to various reasons and in certain situations clean installation might work wonders. Thus, a user can perform the steps to clean install in QuickBooks and check if the issue gets fixed by doing so. The major steps to be performed in clean installation are as follows:
- At first, the user should uninstall QuickBooks
- Later on, run the clean install tool and rename the folders
- The last step is to reinstall QuickBooks
Procedure 2: Change the name of QuickBooks Search Index File
- The user need to first close QuickBooks and click the Windows Start button
- The next step is to type *.SearchIndex in the search box and hit Enter
- This will navigate the user to the folder containing a QuickBooks company folder where he/she may locate qbw.SearchIndex Folder
- The user should then add .old at the end of the folder name
- Once done with that, the user should reopen QuickBooks Desktop and click the search icon tab
- After that, the user should reopen QuickBooks from the top-left corner of the Windows
- And then, click Update Search Information option
- The user will then have to click on OK
- Check if the QuickBooks search not working error is resolved
Procedure 3: Disable firewall temporarily
It might happen that the user might come across issues due to firewall disturbing the smooth process. This is where the user is suggested to temporarily disable the firewall. This can be done by heading to the control panel.
Procedure 4: Repairing the damaged windows registry
Damaged windows registry can be a major factor triggering such an error. Thus, repairing these registries can help in resolving the issue up to certain extent.
Coming to the conclusion, we expect that the reader might be able to deal with the error successfully making use of the steps that we have tried to mention in this article. But if in case the user isn’t able to tackle out the QuickBooks search is not working error, then contacting our QuickBooks Support professionals at 1.844.405.0907 is suggested. We are a team of professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance immediately to all QuickBooks users. Feel free to contact us for any query.
Other helpful blogs