Resolving QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed Error
QuickBooks by intuit is a simplified accounting and bookkeeping software that is well-known for its significant features and resources to record every kind of financial transactions such as expenses, payroll, sales, income, creating invoices, tax preparations, inventory management and many other. Besides having all the useful features yet it is open to many errors. One such error that many users have to face while working in creating accountant’s copy is QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed. And the error message that usually accompanied by this error is:
“QuickBooks accountant’s copy failed”.
The above error is quite grumbling and complex to handle. It can even delay the particular work of your clients and accountants and they might fail to meet the deadline. Therefore, in order to overcome this error, we would recommend you to follow this write-up till the very end. Here, we have mentioned all of the possible reasons behind this issue along with all the troubleshooting methods to fix this issue.
Moreover, for any further information about this error and technical assistance to fix it, you can directly get in touch with our professionals and experts by dialing our toll-free number at +1-844-318-0008. They are available to assist you round the clock, please feel free to contact them with any queries.
You might find this helpful: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Latest and Release date?
Credible Reasons that give rise to this QuickBooks accountant copy failed error are:
Before knowing all the possible reasons behind this error, first try to understand the meaning of Accountant’s Copy.
Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks software is a kind of company file that can be used to make some changes to the data before starting any task. And also, if you are a business owner and for any reason while working with the accountant you don’t want to share all the information about your company then this accountant’s copy will let you share only the necessary information with your accountant. Thus, helping you and your accountant to work simultaneously.
How to Create a QuickBooks Accountant Copy
To create Accountant’s Copy in simple steps. They are as follows:
- Start the process by Opening QuickBooks.
- Then navigate to the file menu and Choose the Company file.
- Now, opt for Client Activities
- After that click on Save File in order to save it and hit the Next button to continue
- Here you are required to select the accountant’s copy and then again press the Next button
- Now enter the dividing date further click on the Next button.
Some of the credible reasons that are responsible for this QuickBooks Accountant’s copy failed error are listed below. They are:
- When the QuickBooks Desktop on your system requires an update.
- Slow network connection on your system.
- Corrupted Company Data file or with innumerable errors.
- When the size of the company file is large or about 200MB.
- Interference of Firewall settings with the upload
- Sending the data to the particular intuit server also gives rise to this issue.
- In MS word Getting a long dash in MS words and then copying it in the notes could be another possible reason for this error to occur. Therefore, a protracted dash is created in Microsoft word by entering two single dashes between the 2 hyphenated words.
This QuickBooks Error can also be seen while trying to transfer the accountant’s copy using the tool known as Accountant’s Copy File Transfer Service (ACTF) or with the particular file transfers. And the caution message you may get is:
|Error: Trouble in moving the file to the Intuit Server.
|Caution message: There is a trouble in sending the changes to the specific accountant’s copy file transfer Server. Try again later or save the file and send the file through e-mail.
Kind of Errors while creating or working on an Accountant’s copy
Following errors that arise while creating or working on Accountant’s copy by making use of Accountant’s Copy Transfer Service.
- Error: Failed or a big red “X” when working on Accountant’s Copy
- Error: Not able to create Accountant’s Copy…
- Warning: You are backing up an Accountant’s Copy…
- Error: Accountant’s Copy Exist
- Your reconciliation will roll back
- Warning: This is an Accountant’s copy of the company’s data, when opening a QBA file.
- Error: “Specified database is invalid” or “Invalid database server command line” when opening an Accountant’s Copy or Portable file
- Error: 6xxx, xx when converting an Accountant’s Transfer file
Troubleshooting methods to resolve the QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed error.
Here are some simple steps to fix the QuickBooks accountant copy failed. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: Verification of Company file name
At first, verify the name of the Company file name for any special characters in it. Also ensure that the company name and the file name do not contain any comma in it. After that if the error still continues, go for the next solution.
METHOD 2: Update QuickBooks application to the latest version
One thing to be consider here while creating accountant’s copy is that accountant file transfer service (ACTF) functions exclusively with the latest version of QuickBooks application such as 2017 (R14), 2018 (R12) or 2019 (R9), and also QuickBooks desktop enterprise 17 (R14), 8 (R12), or 19 (R9). In addition to this, the updated version of QuickBooks performs much better and does not generate any technical bugs. To update this, follow the below mentioned steps as it is. They are:
- At first start to the Help menu, and navigate to the Update QuickBooks Desktop for clicking it.
- Later, find out the Update Now tab and make sure to tick mark the box for Reset Update
- Now hit the Get Updates option, and it will begin the download process
- Once this download process is done, restart your QuickBooks software
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of the QuickBooks
- And if the error still exists, then move to the next troubleshooting method.
Helpful Article: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool – Download, Install & Use
METHOD 3: Decrease the size of the Company file to fix QuickBooks accountant copy failed
The size of the QuickBooks Company file should not be more than 200 MB otherwise it may cause you difficulty in sending that specific file to the intuit server which is available. The size of the file can be decreased in two ways:
- In the first procedure of decreasing the file size create the portable version of company file so that it can be transferred with ease.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks company file and then open it.
- Then open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 key on the keyboard.
- If the size of the company file is greater than 200 MB, then you can try to restore QuickBooks Desktop portable company file (*.qbm) This portable version of QuickBooks Desktop file is the compressed version that can be send easily.
- On the other hand, you can manually save and send the QBX / QBY file rather than using the accountant file transfer service.
METHOD 4: Verify for the long dash present in your notes
If there is a long dash in your notes, then it is important for you to consider few things given below:
- Insert the text directly in the notes without long dashes to your clients
- Utilize the Windows Text Editor generate the text easily using and paste it from there
- Also, you can email the MS Word document to your customer along with the converted file QBY.
- Avoid the use of long dash in MS Word; although, a single dash is in the document can be considered fine.
Go for the next method, if you still face the issue while creating the accountant’s copy.
METHOD 5: Resolve the damaged data of the company file by utilizing QB file Doctors tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a kind of tool that is designed and developed in such a way to repair every type of errors, particularly for the company file and network related errors. And for downloading this tool you can visit the Intuit’s website, or you can download it through the QuickBooks Tool hub. This tool protects the majority of QB users up to a great extent by resolving the company file damage issue.
METHOD 6: Replace the Permission
- At First, handle the particular folder where the QuickBooks file is stored. Once done with this, right-click on the file and choose sharing and security.
- After selecting sharing and security options, a new dialogue box appears on the screen. Select permission.
- Now choose add Browse to search the current QuickBooks data service user.
- However, it changes with every new and upgraded version. Therefore, before creating an accountant’s copy, ensure to give the account Change and read permissions.
- Now you can make an effort to create an accountant’s copy.
- Also be certain Make sure that there are no strange characters in your file path. It is advised to use only letters in the company name, ignore the characters.
Make an attempt to create an Accountant’s and sum up the methods given above.
Essential key points to look at while creating Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks
While the Accountant’s copy is being saved, on other hand QuickBooks on the windows of your system displays the Accountant’s Changes Pending particular wording in the title bar where it will remain as it is unless and until any kind of alterations being done from the accountant’s copy itself or deleted any restrictions. Suppose the restrictions are deleted before the alterations are given back by the accountant, then you will not be allowed to make any modifications that are automatically made by a particular accountant.
Restrictions of QuickBooks desktop
There are certain restrictions on the things of QB desktop that can be modified with the help of an Accountant’s copy file such as when the users are unable to add, edit, void, or delete the payroll, estimates, sales, orders, and transfers of funds between accounts or inventory build assemblies.
Initially create the QuickBooks Accountant’s copy
The accountant should notify the users to upload an accountant’s copy or a particular backup file although in most of the cases, this accountant’s copy will be used as the preferred option. For creating a QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy follow the steps that are already mentioned above in the beginning of this post.
Also Check This Out: How To Set Up a Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks?
Here, we conclude our post by listing all the possible details and methods to fix the QuickBooks Accountants copy failed error. And we are very much hopeful that by following this post attentively you will be successful in resolving this error.
Even though if you still face any kind of difficulty while handling this error or any queries associated with this then we would advise you to contact our QuickBooks Customer Support team by ringing the toll-free number +1-844-318-0008
Our team of experts and professionals are ready to assist you constantly with your queries in the best possible manner. Kindly don’t hesitate to call them.
Other Related Articles: