Downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and still unable to spot it? This is recent glitch in QuickBooks accounting software reported by its users. There is said to be an issue with the express install method. The situation might be that the desktop app doesn’t install but the server-only component does. This error can be rectified using some basic set of steps. To help you in dealing with error unable to find or open QuickBooks after installation, here we are with this piece of writing, sharing the complete details, along with the quick fixes for the same. Note the latest release of QuickBooks is QuickBooks Desktop 2023.
Thus, stick around to this piece of writing, or you can further try reaching out to our technical support team at +1-844-318-0008, and let the experts help you with the fixation of any sort of QuickBooks related issue.
Steps to fix unable to find or open QuickBooks desktop 2022
Here are the steps you need to fix the unable to open or find QuickBooks Desktop 2022 after installation error:
Step 1: The very first step is to search for QuickBooks Server 2022 on your computer
- The very first step is to open the Windows Start menu.
- After that enter “Control Panel” into the search and open Control Panel.
- Now move to Programs and Features.
- In the next step, from the Uninstall or change a program list, look for QuickBooks Server 2022.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Step 2: The user should now uninstall the QuickBooks Server
- Under this process head to the Uninstall or change a program list, and choose QuickBooks Server 2022.
- Once done with that go for Uninstall/Change and then Next.
- And also choose Remove to uninstall QuickBooks Server 2022.
Step 3: The next step is to run the downloaded QuickBooks Desktop 2022 install again
- Move to the install wizard, and then choose Custom and Network options when prompted instead of Express. The user should now select Next.
- The next step is to go for one of these options:
- I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer.
- I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.
- The last step is to hit and Next to complete the installation.
Step 4: Run Quick Fix My Program using Tool Hub Program
- At first, you need to close QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit website.
- Further save the file where you can access it easily.
- You now have to click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Perform the onscreen prompts to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the install ends, you need to double click the icon on your windows desktop to open QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Open Tool hub program, and further choose Program Problems.
- Once done with that, choose Quick fix My program
- Towards the end, open QuickBooks and the company file.
You might find this helpful: Configure Firewall Ports and Security Settings for QuickBooks
By the end of this article, we believe that the reader might be able to fix the issue successfully. However, if the user isn’t able to deal with the issue, then contacting our QuickBooks support experts at +1-844-318-0008 is recommended. We are a team of technical professionals working to fix all sorts of QuickBooks related errors.
FAQs Related to unable to find or open QuickBooks
You need to press and hold the CTRL key, and further double click the QuickBooks desktop icon. After that, open no company open window and choose company file and hit on open tab.
QuickBooks Online uses your browser’s cache and cookies to run faster. However, they can block web pages from loading. Thus, try clearing your cache and cookies, and then sign in to QuickBooks Online.
A QuickBooks data file can be corrupt due to several reasons. In case there are any sort of hardware or software issues, or if the system shuts down abruptly, etc.
This error can be seen if you choose an incorrect method to open a particular file type. The issue might be with the file’s reports and other windows. In case you access the company file, folder, zipped, or encrypted file with an incorrect version of QuickBooks.
More helpful articles to read: