Coming across QuickBooks 15xxx series errors has been a common affair lately. One such error that can be experienced by QuickBooks users is the QuickBooks error 15225. This has been commonly encountered, especially at the time of installing QuickBooks updates. Such an error often restricts the software access and shows some random error message on the screen indicating QuickBooks error 15225.
There are a few factors that can trigger such an error in QuickBooks, which we will be addressing in this segment right here, along with the fixes for the same. To unleash those measures, simply stick around this piece of writing carefully, or you can also connect with our technical team at +1-844-318-0008, and let our certified ProAdvisors help you with your QuickBooks software and issues.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
What instigates QuickBooks error 15225?
There are a bunch of factors that can land you into this type of error. Let us evaluate:
- Just in case you are making use of an outdated digital signature.
- Another possible reason is if the firewall or some third-party software is creating an issue.
- You can further come across similar errors if the installation of QuickBooks isn’t performed properly.
- Or if the Windows registry is corrupted.
- Any sort of QuickBooks company file data damage can also trigger such an error in QuickBooks
Quick Fixes to QuickBooks error 15225
Now that you know what factors can land you into QB error 15225, it is time to perform the necessary measures that can eliminate the error permanently. However, before proceeding, do not forget to backup QuickBooks company file. The steps involved in creating a company file backup are as follows:
- Start by running QuickBooks
- After that launch QuickBooks, head to the file, and click on the backup company option.
- Lastly, click on the Create Local Backup.
Now, let us explore the methods to fix QuickBooks error 15225.
Method 1: Clear SSL State
It is essential to clear the SSL state in Internet Explorer, as it can help you fix the issue up to a certain extent. This can be done using the steps below:
- Open the Internet Explorer at first and click on the gear icon ⚙.
- After that, choose Internet options from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the content tab.
- You now have to click on clear SSL state in the certificates section.
- A confirmation window will appear on the screen, where you need to click on ok tab.
- The last step is to close and reboot Internet Explorer.
You might find this helpful: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15242 (Complete Guide)
Method 2: Repair QuickBooks to Fix QuickBooks Error 15225
At times simply repairing QuickBooks can fix a bunch of errors. Thus, you can try to repair QuickBooks using the steps listed down:
- Start by heading to the control panel
- Then, move to the programs and features tab.
- You now have to click on QuickBooks and also click on uninstall/change
- Also, click on the repair option to start the repair process.
- After that reboot system and try using QuickBooks
Method 3: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
In certain cases, a mere reinstall of QuickBooks works. However, a more advanced solution to this is to clean install QuickBooks. This can be as follows:
- Click on the start tab and double-click on the control panel
- After that, click on Windows + R and enter appwiz.cpl
- Hit ok tab.
- Go for QuickBooks in the Programs and features
- Uninstall or remove QuickBooks
- Perform the onscreen prompts to complete this process.
- Restart QuickBooks and run the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Let the clean install tool perform the necessary tasks.
- After that, install QuickBooks again and enter the license and product keys.
- You can now access the software and check if the issue continues.
Method 4: Disable the firewall temporarily
You can try to disable the firewall using the steps below, as this might fix any sort of network block.
- For this, you need to click on the start tab first.
- Further, head to the settings menu.
- Once done with that, select the update and security tab.
- Also, select the Windows security tab and click on the same.
- Now, opt for network protection and firewall.
- Also, select private network and public network individually to deactivate Microsoft Defender firewall for all network types.
- Try to visit QuickBooks again and update it to check if the issue continues.
Related Article To Read: Configure Firewall Ports and Security Settings for QuickBooks
Method 5: Install Digital Signature Certificate to Fix QuickBooks Error 15225
An outdated digital signature certificate is one of the causes behind the occurrence of such an error. Thus, it is essential to install digital signature certificate. You can do this using the steps below:
- Start by right-clicking QuickBooks and selecting properties.
- Click on the open file location.
- Search for QBW32.exe file.
- You now have to right-click on the same and opt for properties.
- Opt for Intuit INC. from the list after clicking on digital signature.
- Click on the details tab.
- Also, go for view certificate within the digital signature details window.
- Click on the install certificate.
- And further, click on the next tab and finish tab respectively.
- Reboot the system and open QuickBooks to check if the issue continues.
Method 6: Update QuickBooks in safe mode
Updating QuickBooks can fix many issues successfully. In this method, you can try to run your system in safe mode and then try to update QuickBooks. This involves the following steps:
- Start with restarting the computer and pressing the F2 key till the advanced boot option window shows up.
- Now, select safe mode with the networking tab and click on the enter tab.
- You now have to run QuickBooks by double-clicking on the desktop icon.
- Furthermore, head to the help tab and go for update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- And also click on the get updates tab.
- After all the updates are downloaded, reboot the system.
Method 7: Include Intuit as Trusted Site
After you have performed all the above measures, if you still face the same error, try including Intuit as the trusted site. This can be done as follows:
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser
- Click on Windows + R
- Access internet options
- Select Security tab
- Go for the sites option and head to trusted sites
- Here enter https://www.intuit.com/ and https://www.intuit.ca/
- Click on the add tab.
- And further, tick mark the box beside all sites.
- The last step is to click on ok tab and select close.
Getting rid of errors in QuickBooks isn’t that difficult. Implementing a certain set of steps can surely assist in successfully eliminating the error from its root cause. Thus, we believe that the steps and procedures discussed above might be of some help in eliminating QuickBooks error code 15225. On the contrary, if you have any queries, or if you require any sort of technical guidance at any point in time-related to QuickBooks, then in that case, feel free to connect with our technical support professionals at +1-844-318-0008, and they will provide you with instant support and assistance related to QuickBooks.
FAQs related to QuickBooks error 15225
What is QuickBooks error 15225?
QuickBooks error 15225 is usually seen when user installs QuickBooks or updates the software to the latest release.
How to fix QuickBooks error 15225?
You can try fixing the QuickBooks error 15225 using the steps below:
- At first, update QuickBooks in safe mode.
- You can also add Intuit to the trusted sites list.
- Another option is to install digital signature certificate
- Temporarily disable the firewall
- Another method that can be implemented is to clean install QuickBooks desktop
Other Related Articles: