Did you get an error OL-222 when importing a company file downloaded from the bank’s website? Well, the QuickBooks error code OL-222 usually shows up in both QuickBooks online and desktop versions for Mac and Windows. It further indicates import failure. When such an error occurs, the import process of the .QBO file from the bank stops in between. This is basically a bank-related error that can be a bit confusing for the user to handle. Thus, to help you understand this issue in a better way, here we are with this segment sharing the complete information related to this particular error in QuickBooks, along with some quick fixes. Thus, to understand this issue, stick around this segment carefully, or you can also get in touch with our technical support team at +1-844-318-0008, and they will help you with immediate support and guidance.
Brief into QuickBooks Error Code OL-222
A QuickBooks user’s bank account is linked with the software in order to keep a check on the proper flow of the financial processes. QuickBooks error OL-222 is often associated with the registered bank linked in QuickBooks. It shows up when the user tries to import .QBO or .QBW file from the bank’s official website. It also shows up when the financial institution doesn’t respond due to a scan error. This error message shows up on the screen stating: QuickBooks could not complete your process. Or QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later. This particular error further impacts the bank transaction downloads and might not allow to access the bank feed.
What leads to QuickBooks error code OL- 222?
There are a bunch of factors causing QuickBooks error OL-222. Let us evaluate these reasons and find out the root cause:
- Just in case you are trying to import non-compliant characters, then experiencing such an error is possible.
- Another reason can be if the company file has not been formatted properly.
- You can also come across this issue in case of non-compliance of QBO file with the Open financial exchange OFX standard.
- Be prepared for a similar issue if the financial institution server doesn’t provide a valid reason.
- The user can further come across similar issues in the case of outdated QuickBooks.
- Moreover, if the company file is damaged, then such an error can be seen.
- Also, a third-party application interfering with the QuickBooks application can cause this error.
- A slow internet connection can land you in such an error.
- Damaged or corrupted bank files that have to be imported
Also Check This Out: How to Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error OL-332?
Effective Methods to Fix QuickBooks error OL 222
Once you have gone through the factors causing this issue, it is time to find out the methods that can be performed to get rid of QuickBooks error OL-222. Let us unleash the core fixes:
Method 1: Create a Test File
A damaged company file is a major trigger of such an error. To identify damaged QuickBooks company file, you can try creating a test file. The steps involved in this are:
- Begin with clicking on the file option and further click on new company.
- The next step is to click on Express Start and create a new company named TestCompany.
- You are then required to click on the start working option
- And towards the end, try importing the .QBO file in the newly created TestCompany file.
Method 2: Change bank feeds
At times, changing Bank feeds can fix the web import error up to a certain extent. Perform the below steps to change the bank feeds issue:
- The very first step is to run QuickBooks and click on the banking menu.
- After that, click on bank feeds and thus, click on change bank feeds mode.
- You now have to go for the classic mode and then try to import QBO file.
Method 3: Redownload the FIDIR.txt file
Another effective method can be to redownload the FIDIR.txt file. The steps involved in this procedure are:
- Initially, you need to exit the QuickBooks application.
- Furthermore, press Ctrl + C all the text from the FIDIR.txt file
- The next step is to create a new text file and paste the text in it.
- Now, end by saving the file on the desktop.
- Rename the file to FIDIR.txt.
- Delete the previous FIDIR.txt file and then create new FIDIR file.
- The next step is to head to ApplicationSupport/com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX/ Downloads.
- You need to click on FIDIR.txt file and further delete it.
- Followed by, heading to the applications tab when holding the ctrl key.
- After that, click on QuickBooks.
- And then, click on the option to show package contents.
- Double-click the contents folder.
- Open the resources folder and further delete the FIDIR.txt file from it.
- Paste the new FIDIR.txt file into the folder named downloads and resources.
- The last step is to try to import the transaction using Web import.
Method 4: Format QBO file
Fix the unsupported characters in the QBO file as these might hinder the working.
- Here, you need to right-click on the QBO file
- And then, click on the edit tab.
- Followed by, picking any text editor program for opening the file.
- The next step is to find and delete & since this character is invalid.
- You now have to save the file.
- And then, try importing the transaction.
You might find this helpful: How to Fix Error Code OL-301 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Method 5: Update QuickBooks
Using outdated software can cause a bunch of errors. Thus, it is recommended to update QuickBooks to latest release. The steps involved in here are:
- You need to initially ensure that no active windows of QuickBooks are open in the background.
- Run QuickBooks as admin.
- Now, press the help tab and then click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the get updates tab.
- And then click on the Update Now tab.
- The last step is to restart QuickBooks.
Now that you know what measures can be taken to eliminate QuickBooks error OL-222, it is time to implement those steps. However, if you are unable to rectify the issue even after performing the steps enumerated above, then in that case, consult our tech support professionals at +1-844-318-0008, and they will help you with instant support for all your QuickBooks-related queries.
Other Related Articles: