QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013 is one such banking error that triggers when you are performing any banking activity or when there is an issue while setting up online banking. This OLSU 1013 error does now all you to update your account information and prevents you from doing further activities. This error is a bit crafty to deal with and if it is not resolved its error message will keep popping up on your screen. So, if you are unable to figure out how to proceed ahead and want to get rid of this QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 error message while working in QuickBooks, considering all these things we have come up with this article that will help you how you can resolve this error bank connection error.
Online Banking is one of the most powerful tools of QuickBooks accounting Software that is very useful for the users by directly linking their bank accounts and credit card accounts and manages their finances much more efficiently and quickly. It also saves your time by downloading all of your latest transactions automatically. QuickBooks Online Banking despite being a powerful tool, has some loop holes also where users have to encounter various errors while performing banking operations on it.
So, you just have to stay tuned with this article till the end to know the basic aspects of this QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error. Before moving ahead let’s find out what kind of error is this OLSU 1013 that hampers bank connectivity in QuickBooks.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop OL & OLSU Bank Feed Errors?
What is QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013?
While performing banking operations in QuickBooks Online users usually have to face technical error, it usually happens due to this bank feed error also known as QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013. And the error message of OLSU 1013 that appears on your desktop screen is stated as:
“An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed”. There is a problem with your login. Please try again. At this point, you can click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again.
What are the reasons that Triggers this error?
There are several triggers of this bank feed OLSU Error Code 1013 in QuickBooks but one of the main reasons behind this OLSU error code 1013 is issue with the bank institution of the user also referred to as financial institution or FI. Though we have also listed below some more effective reasons behind the occurrence of these reasons and they are as follows:
- Using the outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop can be one of the major flaws.
- Due to interruption in internet connectivity.
- By entering wrong login credentials.
- No response from the servers of the bank institution due to their undergoing maintenance or the update process.
- Probably using other mode instead of using Express mode or Side by Side mode.
- When the Internet Explorer configuration is not supporting QuickBooks Desktop’s connection with the browser.
- Also due to the outdated financial directory.
Few Points to keep in mind before performing troubleshooting steps to resolve OLSU Error 1013
- The very first step is to ensure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks software.
- Also, make sure that you are having proper internet connection so that you can easily access websites later.
- Use internet explorer as your default browser other than this updates your internet explorer to the latest version.
- Try to login to your online banking account so to check out that the bank credentials you are entering are correct.
- Ensure to check the backup of the company file.
- Always use QuickBooks in a single user mode not in a multi-user mode.
- Lastly it is also important to match any pending download transactions.
Handy Solutions to fix the error
After you are well versed about this QuickBooks OLSU Error 1013 now it’s time to perform fixation process of this error, for this carry out the below stated following solutions in sequence:
SOLUTION I: Generate a new company file
Following these steps to generate a new company file:
- Initially, move to the File menu and then select New Company.
- Now click on Express start option.
- Add the bank account that is having the issues
- Once done now set up the account for bank feeds on the new test company.
- Lastly you have to download the bank feed transactions to test the account.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation?
SOLUTION II: Update the Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR)
In this method you have to update the Financial Institution Directory which is an online directory by making changes on it using Bank tab in QuickBooks.
- At first, open your QuickBooks desktop
- Then move to the Banking tab,
- Now opt for the Bank Feeds option
- And hit a click on Bank Feeds Center in this step.
- Now from the options available in the drop-down bar, Choose Sync all for this Bank.
- This will update your FIDIR which in turn will fix the problem of OLSU 1013 error in QuickBooks software.
SOLUTION III: Enable TSL1.2 Internet protocol
If somehow the above solutions didn’t work out, we would recommend you to try this solution using TSL1.2 Internet protocol. Following steps of this method are given below:
- Initially, go to Internet explorer 11 and also verify the current version and if not update to it to the latest one.
- Hit a click on the Gear icon located on the upper right section of the browser.
- Now you need to Go to the internet option then choose and click on Advanced tab.
- After that scroll down to the Security section and un-mark the Use TLS 1.0 and Mark Use TLS 1.2.
- Next click on Apply option and OK tab to save the applied actions.
- At last close all the running programs and reboot the system.
SOLUTION IV: Create and Merge accounts
Another solution is to create accounts and merge them. Do follow the steps in the same way as mentioned below:
- Initially, right click on the Accounts in which you are facing issues and then choose Edit account.
- After that highlight the Account name and then click on the Copy button.
- Also, you need to add an Asterisk (*) at the end of the account name.
- Once done with that hit a click on the Bank feed settings tab and then go to Deactivate the All-online services option.
- Moving ahead, click on Save and close option.
- Now Click on the Chart of accountants and make a new account.
- Thereafter you need to paste the Account name by removing the Asterisk (*) mark.
- After that close the File and open it again then hit a click on the Chart of accountants with asterisk.
- Now right click on the Account and hit click on Edit option.
- Next, eliminate the asterisk (*) and click on Save and Close button.
- Then Click on Yes when the merge warning message appears on your screen.
- Thereafter Go for Setup an account for bank feeds.
- Finally download all the transactions to the newly merged account.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot Error: Cannot Open QuickBooks Company File?
SOLUTION V: Deactivate the Account’s having online services
In order to fix the OLSU error 1013 in QuickBooks, you need to deactivate the account’s having online services. The steps to be followed are:
- In this solution, first check the Include inactive option located at the bottom of the Chart of Accountants.
- After that, you are required to deactivate bank feeds for the inactive account.
- Now you need to close the file and then open it again.
- Finally, you can set up every account for Bank Feeds.
SOLUTION VI: Refresh the bank connection with the account
To avoid this OLSU 1013 error it is important to refresh the bank connection with the account facing issues and the steps to be performed to carry out this process are:
- First of all, check all Inactive bank accounts and turn off online banking in them.
- After that navigate to the company file.
- Now Select the chart of accounts.
- After that select the include inactive box. Mark the inactive account with the lightning bolt.
An important point to be noted here is that while setting up, hold the Ctrl key each time you have to select a tab. The exception is while entering the information; it will refresh the connection with the bank.
SOLUTION VII: Setting QuickBooks to be Used in Express Mode
- At first, open the QuickBooks Desktop in your system.
- Now you are required to Sign into the company file as an admin.
- Next, Click on the Preferences under the Edit tab in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then from the left side of the dashboard click on Checking tab.
- After that click on the Company Preferences tab and choose Express Mode in the Bank Feed window.
- Press the OK tab in order to save the changes.
At this point we just hope that this article was beneficial for you and you will be able to resolve this OLSU 1013 error permanently. But, if by chance the error persists to trouble you, or if you have any queries related to it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to QuickBooks customer support team immediately via our helpline i.e. +1(844)405-0907 We have a team of Intuit certified experts, who are available round the clock to assist you with the best possible solutions immediately.
FAQs related to OLSU 1013 Error in QuickBooks
Well, at this time, any version earlier than 2017 isn’t supported. It is recommended to upgrade to a supported version, to have access to all the functions in QuickBooks including bank feeds.
In order to fix the issue in connecting your banks in QuickBooks desktop, the below steps can help:
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. In the no company open window, choose create a new company.
3. Select either express start or detailed start.
4. Try connecting your bank
The browser requirements for QuickBooks desktop state that you must have Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit). Hence, Microsoft edge is one of the unsupported browsers. To make the best use of QuickBooks, make sure to check the system requirements first.
It is an error that can be seen when communication is not able to be established between the bank and the account. This could be due to issues with the server of the bank.
You might also like: