QuickBooks accounting software is often used by businesses for carrying out different accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, many students pursuing different courses based on accounting or various other finance subjects make use of this versatile software. To make it affordable for the students, Intuit offers certain student discount and offers. Thus, if you are a student and planning to purchase this software, then you should know a lot of things about QuickBooks Student Discount.
This article is going to brief you with the entire details about student discount in QuickBooks. For more information, make sure to read this post till the end or connect with our certified team professional team of QuickBooks Experts and they will guide you regarding student discount.
More About QuickBooks Student Discount & Educational Free Version
As a student, the income is zero and the expenses are high including lodging, study loans, etc. And an addition to these expenses can be a bit challenging. The QuickBooks student discount can be extremely valuable for those who might find buying QuickBooks a bit out of budget, due to high cost. Before you buy the software, it is essential to be sure which version you want for your studies. The reason behind this is that no two courses are same, this means that with the course the requirements might also vary. In case you are not sure, it is recommended to take assistance from professionals.
The students can either buy QuickBooks via online platforms or offline platforms. Buying QuickBooks desktop software from online portals might save time as well as money. Moreover, it is quite easy to use any online third-party service providers, as it would offer certain key elements that would ease everything for you.
As a student pursuing financial education, there are a few things to remember to opt for QuickBooks student discount. The students can ask their teacher or instructor about the discount. Or can also directly contact the store and get the information regarding the offers. To choose the best deal, make sure to compare the offers in hand.
Software providers that offer QuickBooks educational/student discount
Certain software providers offer software discounts and educational discounts. Thus, it is suggested to check out these software providers.
- Student Discounts– This particular site usually offers discounts to students, teachers, and schools on different software for about twenty-five years. The price that they offer for QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019 version is $199.99 and the same is for QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2019 version. Note that, it might fluctuate according to time and new releases.
- JourneyEd– Another option is to check out journeyEd, which is an online store that not only sells software, but also a variety of other things. This might include, music, videos, electronic accessories, tablets, mobile devices, etc. They further offer QuickBooks training materials, along with QuickBooks software. You can avail Student discount on QuickBooks Accountant 2019 academic version. This might cost you around $99.95. This is an ideal software for students, as it offers the features required by students.
What is Intuit Education Program?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks offers a QuickBooks edition for all students. Students are required to register for 5 months trial version for a discount, via the education program. Moreover, an eligible student will then be permitted to download the 5 months free trial version of QuickBooks from the official portal. This program is beneficial for both students and educators for advancing their tax, accounting, and other skills. Not just that, but the Intuit education program provides free one year subscription for the following software to students and educators-
- Design Thinking Methodology called Design for Delight
- Financial literacy course called Financial Literacy Foundations
Eligibility Criteria for QuickBooks student discount?
Only the students fulfilling the below mandatory terms are eligible for this discount.
- One of the most important facts is that the student must be in an accredited primary or secondary school.
- Moreover, should be in public or private university or college.
- School district or board of education is also important.
- The student should be of accredited public or private school offering full-time instruction for students in grades k-12.
- Student should be of any public or private college or university including community college, junior college, or vocational school.
Variations in prices on QuickBooks student discount
There can be certain variations in pricing of the QuickBooks student discount, due to certain reasons listed below. Thus, make sure to keep these factors in mind.
- Less features: One might get same application in different prices on the same platform, due to difference in the number of features. Thus, makes sure to check the features before you make an investment.
- Old version: old versions cost less in QuickBooks. You can choose the version which suits you.
- Pirated software: Often people might fool students with pirated software and provide them certain discounts. To avoid this, the students are suggested to view the customer reviews along with the downloading certificates before making a decision.
Precautions for Students
It is always recommended to the students to keep a check on various other aspects and not just price. As just focusing on prices can compel them to make a wrong decision. Even though the online platforms make buying process quick and easy it is suggested to invest in the right software.
To facilitate different things for students, certain offers and coupon codes are provided to them. Various online third-party service providers offer attractive schemes to students. The students might face a variation in prices and offers, as offer policies are determined by individual third-party structure.
Students can also have to face piracy issues on some third-party providers. It is recommended to consult professionals to avoid such issues. Along with that they are recommended to examine all the key factors of purchasing the software from any third-party application source. Students might face certain variation in prices due to QuickBooks version upgrading.
Prominent Platforms for buying QuickBooks software
Often choosing the right platform might be difficult for the students to buy the software and this might end up in wrong decision making. Thus, it is suggested to keep a check on below pointers:
- Microsoft products: The Microsoft’s official portal with verified certificates and prices can be an ideal platform for the students to get QuickBooks software.
- Intuit’s official portal: Intuit’s official portal is another of the trusted platforms, where one can directly and easily get QuickBooks accounting software.
- Apple store: Students can easily get QuickBooks software on the Apple’s official portal.
Any of the above portals can be used to buy QuickBooks with student discount. However, keeping a check on features is recommended.
How to Register for QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial?
Now that you know the necessary information, let us understand how to register for QuickBooks student trial. Well, if you’re a current student at an accredited US educational institution, you can register for a student trial of QuickBooks Desktop. You can unlock the license using the steps below:
- The very first step is to navigate to Intuit Education Program Website.
- After that choose register option and then go for looking for QuickBooks desktop, under the Choose your software option.
- Pick students and then fill out the registration form.
- Choose verify and continue and then the welcome to Intuit Education page will display.
Note that, if the welcome page doesn’t display, then you need to continue to the verification section. Otherwise, skip to activate QuickBooks desktop student trial.
Installing steps for QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial
The below set of steps can help in installing QuickBooks desktop student trial:
- The very first step is to open the email you received from Intuit verification and then choose the please click here to download.exe file.
- Also note that in case the email is not received, then you can contact a professional.
- Also, select the download option and close any open program, along with that select the setup_QuickBooks.exe
- Hit yes to permit QuickBooks to make changes to the system.
- After the download is complete, hit next on the Install Shield Wizard window.
- Choose next and then review the license agreement.
- Go for I accept the terms of the license agreement checkbox and then hit next tab.
- Enter the license and product number provided in the email and then hit next.
- Opt for the express and hit next and now, choose install and select open QuickBooks.
- The last step is to hit on OK button.
Steps to Activate QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial
When you open up a company file in QuickBooks for the very first time, then you might be asked to activate it. This should be done within 30 days of installation. The steps to be performed to activate it are as follows:
- Start with clicking on activate
- Now, create a login or use an existing Intuit login.
- In case you are having an existing Intuit Account, then you need to choose create account.
- After that enter all the required information for the customer account (the required fields are shown with asterisk *), and then hit next tab.
- You will see a confirmation window.
- Where you will need to print the page or save it a PDF file for the records.
Opting for QuickBooks student discount can make accessing QuickBooks software affordable for students. We believe, that the above set of steps might help the students in understanding about student discount and accessing the software with much ease. However, in case of any query or if the user requires our assistance at some point in time, then consulting our QuickBooks tech support team at +1-844-405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and services.