Suddenly encountered error code 6094 in QuickBooks and can’t find a way to culminate it? Well, without a doubt, QuickBooks is a well-built accounting software with advanced features that can assist businesses in performing their daily accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, it is an undeniable fact that it is prone to certain sorts of errors. These errors can be at times tiresome to deal with. One such error that we are going to highlight in this piece of writing is the QuickBooks Error 6094 (6010, 2). It is one among the hundreds of errors. This error usually occurs when QuickBooks fails in launching the web database. In addition to this, you can also face this error if there are some anti-virus programs running in your system, which may include AVG Anti-virus, SpyHunter Malware Blocking, PC Tools Internet Security, and others. Let us delve in deep to understand further about this issue. Moreover, if you feel the need for expert assistance at any point in time, then feel free to reach out to our technical support professionals at +1-844-318-0008, and our technically sound QuickBooks ProAdvisors will make sure that all your queries are addressed immediately. Having said that, let us further explore the information related to the QuickBooks error code 6094.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
Insight Into QuickBooks Error Code 6094
Talking about QuickBooks error code 6094, it is basically a 6000 series error that often occurs when QuickBooks fails to launch the web database. The same error can be seen due to the security program updates. It appears on the screen with a warning message that states:
Warning: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)”.
There can be a handful of factors instigating this error, which we will be elaborating later in this segment along with the fixes for the same. Let us explore together!
What triggers QuickBooks Error 6094?
The causes due to which QB Error 6094 (6010, 2) takes place are as follows:
- Anti-virus programs such as AVG Anti-virus, SpyHunter Malware Blocking, PC Tools Internet Security are the main reasons behind this error.
- When the user tries to launch the database server which manages access to the QuickBooks Company file, then this error can occur.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation?
Points to Remember
Before you begin with the procedures ahead, make sure to keep the following pointers in mind:
- Try updating the antivirus software to the latest release before heading to the steps enumerated below.
- Not just that, also navigate to the quarantine folder or antivirus vault, in order to restore the qbdbmgrn.exe and qbdmgr.exe files.
- Another essential point you need to consider is to prevent QuickBooks desktop directory from getting scanned by adding exceptions on antivirus.
Also Check Out: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=224?
Solutions that can Fix QuickBooks Error code 6904
Now that you know the reasons why such an error occurs, it is time to implement the right set of steps to culminate the error permanently. However, you can save your time and effort by consulting with our QuickBooks data recovery team. Let us examine the methods one by one:
Solution 1: PC Tools Internet Security
- Restore all the ‘infections’
- First of all, open the settings menu and choose ‘Quarantine’
- Now, restore all the necessary items
- In the meantime, click ‘Yes’ and the click ‘Ok’
- After this, you will have to create an exception to avoid QuickBooks directory.
- Go to PC Tools Internet Security menu and Click on Settings
- Now, choose Global Action List and add files which you want to eliminate from scanning
- Now, click OK
Solution 2: Configure the AVG Anti-virus
Here is the second solution that can help you resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6094. This solution says that you would need to remove QuickBooks directory from being skimmed.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and start AVG Anti-Virus User Interface.
- Double-click on the Resident shield and click on Manage Exceptions
- After this, click and add the path C:\Program Files\Intuit ( Note: The path will be added only when the QuickBooks is installed in a different folder)
- After all the above steps, save the changes and click OK ( Note: Make sure that you restore all the QuickBooks files that AVG Anti-Virus quarantined)
- Now check if any of the QuickBooks files are quarantined or not.
- Click on History in the AVG Anti-Virus User Interface
- Select Virus Vault and select any quarantined QuickBooks File.
- For example, qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgr.exe
- Restore all the important files
- Now, restart your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify all the renamed files in the installation Directory
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to install directory and click on C:\Program files \Intuit\QuickBooks folder to check the files to be renamed
- Rename the file by the original name
- Now, Restart QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Restore QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks might recognize antivirus as a threat and further transfer crucial QuickBooks executable files into the QuickBooks folder. The steps listed below can give you an idea about how you can restore QuickBooks from quarantine.
- First of all, close all the unnecessary programmed that are running in the background.
- Restart your computer.
- Take a backup of the QuickBooks Company file
- Go to Start menu, Open search and type ‘Control Panel’
- Click on Programs and Features
- In the meanwhile, click on QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall.
- Click on Continue and then, click Next
- Choose Repair and wait till the repair ends
Solution 4: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
At times, a mere reinstall can fix the issue up to a certain extent, and clean installation is an advanced form that tends to eliminate different errors from their root causes. The steps that can be performed to clean install QuickBooks desktop.
- Start off by downloading and installing QuickBooks tools hub.
- You can run it from the desktop icon, and further navigate to the section under program installation issues.
- In order to completely reinstall the program, try to choose QuickBooks clean Install tool and stick to the on-screen directions.
- Try rebooting QuickBooks and check if the issue gets fixed.
- We recommend you contact support professionals in case you are unable to fix the issue.
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks to latest release
Often outdated QuickBooks can trigger certain errors in QuickBooks. Thus, it is essential to ensure that the software is updated to the latest release. The steps involved in the procedure to Update QuickBooks to Latest Release are as follows:
- Begin the process by launching the QuickBooks desktop software.
- You now have to head to the help tab.
- Later on, move to the QuickBooks desktop update option.
- You can also click on the update now tab.
- And choose the get updates tab.
- The update process usually takes time.
- Eventually, close and re-open QuickBooks to check if the issue is rectified or not.
Solution 6: Remove QuickBooks files from the list of blocked files
You can try removing the blocked files from the list of blocked files, in order to fix the error code 6094 successfully
- The very first step is to launch the SpyHunter Software.
- Furthermore, you need to click on the System Guard.
- Heading forward, choose User Added tab and further look for the QuickBooks files.
- You now have to set the QuickBooks files status as Allowed.
- In case you are unable to find the QuickBooks files, then simply head back to the added tab.
- Moving forward, verify PUP.
- And if you find any QuickBooks file in the list, then set its status to allowed.
- Moreover, set the status as allowed if you found QuickBooks blocked under PUP.
Also Check Out: How to Put an End to QuickBooks Error Code 2107?
With the above three solutions, you will be able to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6094. But in case you still face problems, then you can contact us immediately on our QuickBooks enterprise support phone number .i.e. +1-844-318-0008. This number is toll-free and our executives are available 24*7 to assist you.
Try to implement the general steps to fix such an error:
1. Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
2. Try updating the Antivirus software.
3. Access the Antivirus Vault.
4. Access the quarantine folder.
5. Also, restore qbdbmgr.exe and qbdbmgrn.exe files
QuickBooks error code 6094 is associated with the database service and would further prevent the service from starting.
In order to disable the antivirus, you need to simply right-click the antivirus icon on the taskbar, and further click on the option to temporarily disable the program. Later on, try to restart the database service.
QuickBooks error code 6010 is a common error that one might come across if access to the network is denied. Moreover, if the antivirus blocks QuickBooks from connecting to the network, then experiencing this issue is probable.
Other suggested articles