QuickBooks is an accounting software that is generally used to keep track of the day to day business transactions. Not only this, but people can also manage sales and track expenses with the help of this software. Along with that, it is now possible to generate specific reports with much ease. While being super handy and having an amazing user-friendly design, QuickBooks can also be prone to errors. It’s amazing features and functionalities doesn’t make this software impenetrable. A few of the nastiest errors can find their way into the strong defenses of this accounting software. This also brings in a halt in the normal working of the software. One such error is QuickBooks Abort Error.
You might have several questions in your mind like, what is QuickBooks Abort Error? How is this error generally caused? How to get rid of this error? What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Abort error? and many more. Well, to answer all your questions, we have come up with this article.
In this article, we will be discussing each and every fact associated with QuickBooks Abort Error and also the quick fixes that can help the QuickBooks users to shun off the error. However, a swift solution can be, getting in touch with QuickBooks desktop support team at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389. They will resolve all your queries in no time.
Insight into QuickBooks Abort Error
Basically, QuickBooks Abort Error is the error that damaged the QBWUSER.INI file. At times, due to this error, QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly, while saving process or also at the time of making changes to the files. Merely because of regular crashing, the majority of the operation of QuickBooks generally stop working. At times when the transaction is too heavy for the software, there are possibilities for this error to occur.
Factors causing the QuickBooks Abort Error
Talking about the factors causing such error, we have enumerated below some of the most common causes of this error. Let us have a look:
- Any damage to QBWUSER.INI file.
- In case the antivirus program is having a battle with QuickBooks.
- Another case can be when there are different versions of QuickBooks on the system that are creating a clash.
- If the firewall system is not correctly configured for working with QuickBooks, then this error might occur.
- In case the user accidentally interrupted the save process, by either shutting down or switching to the sleep mode.
- Somehow the flow of data between the storage locations has been interrupted might lead to such error.
- A corrupted hard drive can be another reason to such error.
- Any kind of damage to windows operating system might also lead to such error.
Quick Fixes to Resolve QuickBooks Abort Error?
The solution list to this error is not huge, but there are a few effective ones. To get the best results, the QuickBooks users can follow the below-enumerated methods. Or can get help from QuickBooks error support professionals and take their help in dealing with such irritating errors.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- After that, double-click the icon to launch the tool.
- Now check the results.
- If it shows “No error detected” then the files are ‘OK‘
- In case it shows error detected, follow the next step
- Repair your file and then restore the backup.
Solution 2: Checking the status of QuickBooks
- This is a very simple procedure. The user is required to go to the ‘files option‘.
- After that tap on ‘Utilities‘ option.
- Once done with that, tap on the ‘stop hosting‘ to multi-user access.
- Now, the user is required to open the company file on the multi-user mode.
- Lastly, the user is required to look for the check-mark in the box, which is labeled as “Open file in multi-user mode.”
Solution 3: Renaming the QBWUSE.INI file
- The very first step in this process is to enable the hidden folders where the ‘QBWUSE.INI file‘ is saved.
- Now, navigate to ‘location: \ [user name] \AppData\Intuit\quickbooks[year]\‘
- Once done with the above steps, the user is required to right-click ‘QBWUSE.INI‘ .
- The next step is to click on ‘rename‘ and add ‘.OLD‘ at the end of the file name.
- Now, moving ahead, the user is required to rename the ‘.ecml file‘
- Once you have followed all the above steps, just try again and open the file
Once you complete the steps, if still you are facing problems while signing into your company file. Then most probably there are damaged files in your company file. At this situation you have to restore an earlier backup of that file.
You can try these steps in case the above steps are not helpful to your.
Solution 4: Reinstall and then clean install
You need to uninstall and then reinstall your QuickBooks desktop using clean install.
Solution 5: Create a new windows admin user
- Press ‘Ctrl+R‘ keys to open the ‘Run‘ command, on your keyboard,
- After that type ‘Control Panel‘, then choose the ‘OK‘ button. After that open the ‘Control Panel‘ settings.
- Now choose the ‘User Accounts‘> ‘Manage Another Account‘> ‘Create a new account‘.
- Finally type in the user name, then choose the ‘Administrator and then click on Create‘.
The above-enumerated are a few of the methods that might help the QuickBooks users to get rid of this error. These steps can be easily performed by the newbies. We conclude this article, with the hope that following the above enumerated steps might be helpful for you to get rid of such errors.
However, if the methods and solutions didn’t work, then it should be noted that the issue can be deep-rooted. Thus, it would be better to consult QuickBooks premier support team, as they will come up with some effective resolution strategy. In such cases, you can dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389, and our team of experts and QuickBooks professionals will be there to assist you.
You might also like: